Bi Lines VI: A Multi-Arts Celebration of Bisexual Writing, hosted by the Bi Writers Association, is coming on Sunday June 2nd! Our location is Nuyorican Poets Cafe, the same wonderful venue we had last year. Founded in 1973, Nuyorican’s purpose has always been to provide a stage for the artists traditionally under-represented in the mainstream media and culture. They have a bar, so you will not have to go thirsty during the program. (FYI: they do not serve food.)
Location: Nuyorican Poets Cafe Address: 236 East 3rd Street between Avenue B and Avenue C. Zip code 10009. Website http://www.nuyorican.org/
Tickets: $10 available on Nuyorican’s website soon or you can buy them at the door.
Schedule: Doors open at 6:30 for book signings. Program 7-9:30pm. More book signings until 10pm. After party: stay and drink until the bartender goes home! Maybe we can order pizza.
Artists confirmed for the program so far:
- Annette Lapointe/ Whitetail Shooting Gallery
- Donnelle McGee/ Shine
- James Earl Hardy (B Boy Blues Series)/ Can You Feel What I’m Saying?
- Janet Hardy (The Ethical Slut)/ Girlfag
- Vincent Meiss/ Tio Jorge
- Ink & Steel: slideshow presentation of Efrain Gonzalez’ photography book of tattoos & piercings
- A Play: short bisexual play by Adam Esquenazi Douglas
- Musical Performances: TBA
We hope you can join us for the most amazing bisexual arts event of the year!