A list of my works in progress, by category:
- Shocking Violet: The current novel project I am concentrating on is a kinky queer polyamorous erotic romance that centers five disabled characters. It begins when Jax and Violet meet and connect, as Jews, as disabled queers possibly interested in exploring D/s together, and as trans inclusion activists. It is looking like it may become a series; that part is in development. Currently, you can read a synopsis and find links to excerpts and the Pinterest page here.
- Jonah’s book: This is a novel about trauma, desire, music, gender, disability and ghosts. It centers an autistic physically disabled kinky queer genderqueer character named Jonah, who loves musicals, has survived awful shit, and is having a very hard year. It doesn’t have a real title yet, so right now I call it Jonah’s book.
- Butch/Femme/Butch Novella Ptoject: This is a kinky queer polyamorous romance centering a stone butch queer cis woman, a queer femme cis woman, and a genderqueer butch. All three characters are fat, disabled, and Jewish. It takes place in the same timeframe as Shocking Violet, and there are small crossovers. I am sharing snippets in this Twitter thread.
- “Inevitable” is a story set at Carter Hall, the accessible dungeon I first dreamed up in my retelling of the Tam Lin faerie tale. (You can read an excerpt from this story here.) It brings back several characters from that story, though the two who are most central are Leroy and Val, a cis dyke-fag couple who head up the leather family that runs Carter Hall. It follows in that story’s footsteps, in centering disabled and sick characters. It is told from the point of view of Micah, a fat non-binary boi who is at Carter Hall for an event with one main rule: that everyone is silent. Hy has had a crush on Leroy and Val for a long time, and this event just might be hys chance to play with them.
- “Solitaire” is another story set at Carter Hall, that is told from the point of view of Gray, an ace autistic stone genderqueer novice dominant who loves playing solitaire. She finally talks to her longtime crush, Wendy, at game night. This story centers kink, particularly D/s, and does not include sex.
- I am in the process of writing a series of stories set at Carter Hall, and intend to gather them into a collection titled Tales from Carter Hall. You can read a free story set at Carter Hall here.
- “Packing”, which I discuss the opening to and share an excerpt of in this blog post about writing disabled tops. It centers a long term butch/femme couple.
- “Claiming” (excerpt) a story about a stone butch top and her early crush on a fat femme submissive when she was first coming out, and how she meets her again, years later.
- A book that combines memoir and personal essay about topping and dominance, and draws from my blog posts about topping.
- A collection of personal essays about stone sexuality and identity, and draws from my stone blog series.
- A book about BDSM for trauma survivors.
- I am finalizing curriculum for a 6 week workshop on Queer and Trans Storytelling.
- I am developing a writing workshop that centers writing as a way to examine queer and trans relationship politics in our own lives. Where writing (and engaging with story) is a tool for self reflection about our relationships.
Future Editing Projects I Want to Do:
- A collection of erotica stories that center kink, and do not include sex. This is the editing project that I am most excited about at the moment.
- A collection of personal essays about stone identity and sexuality, down the road, as a companion to my book of personal essays about stone.