Here are links to my posts that give advice and offer resources to writers.
- My resource list on writing the other (e.g. writing about folks who are different from you and/or folks who are marginalized
- My column on the Erotica Readers and Writers blog
- My series for erotica and erotic romance writers on writing characters who are trauma survivors: Part 1: defining trauma & PTSD and talking about why. Part 2: what it’s like when trauma survivors get triggered; Part 3: On ways survivors manage triggers.
- On writing fat characters in romance and erotica
- My series on writing erotica for trans readers: Part 1 (in which I discuss being a trans reader of erotica), Part 2 (in which I discuss strategies I use when writing for trans readers), & Part 3 (in which I discuss whether my strategy of not providing detailed descriptions of bodies leaves something missing)
- My series on writing sex scenes involving trans characters, with less cissexism. Part 1 on cissexism between characters. Part 2 on story level trans-exclusion.
- On writing the tipping point, that moment when two kinky characters fall into D/s dynamic
- On writing anal sex
- On doing erotica readings
- Writing Erotica as a Disabled Top (in which I talk about writing disabled characters into my stories and give a concrete revision example)
- I wrote about editing erotica stories to include top vulnerability.